GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. Ltd. plans to apply the Chevrolet brand to its South Korean-produced vehicles sold in the domestic market. Currently, GMDAT vehicles offered in Korea bear the Daewoo badge. Some analysts believe switching to the Chevrolet brand will include a revision of the company’s name. However, GMDAT officials say no such decision has been made. It’s not clear if the Korean-built cars will be rebranded Chevys all at once, or whether the bowtie marque will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Daewoo to Badge All Products as Chevrolets; May Rename Company" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.