GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. Ltd. recently broke ground for its new diesel engine plant in Kunsan, about a 2-hour drive south of Seoul on South Korea’s west coast. The new facility will produce passenger-car diesel engines under license from DaimlerChrysler AG subsidiary VM Motori of Italy and will be located adjacent to GM Daewoo’s existing Kunsan car plant, which has port facilities. The 204,516-sq.-ft. (19,200-sq.-m) engine plant involves an investment of 475 billion Korean won ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Daewoo Breaks Ground for Kunsan Diesel Engine Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.