DETROIT – GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. Ltd. has chosen the platform that will provide the basis for its first SUV, General Motors Corp. officials here say. But development of the SUV, which will be built at the company’s South Korean facilities, is still a ways off. GM Asia/Pacific President Fritz Henderson, noting GM is “working furiously to do an SUV program in Korea,” says to look for the first GM Daewoo SUV to bow in two to three years. (See related story: Daewoo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Daewoo Chooses SUV Platform" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.