WARREN, MI – Though the waiting lists for Saturn’s Sky and Pontiac Solstice extend into the new year, General Motors Corp.’s next compact rear-wheel drive roadster is bound for South Korea. GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. will field the next model off the Compact RWD Performance Architecture, Bob Lutz, GM vice chairman-global product development, says. “GMDAT is getting one, which would be the first Korean-badged sports car ever,” Lutz tells Ward’s in an interview. “And will be for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Daewoo to Get First Sports Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.