GM Daewoo, the South Korean unit of General Motors, begins production of the Chevrolet Aveo compact sedan at its plant in Gunsan this week. The U.S. version will be built at GM’s Orion Twp., MI, facility and marketed as the Chevrolet Sonic in North America this fall. The Korean-built Aveo will be exported to all other global markets. It will be marketed under the Aveo badge in some 150 countries. “We are proud to be the first member of the GM family to produce and sell Chevrolet's new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Daewoo Launches Full-Scale Output of Revised Chevrolet Aveo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.