SEOUL — If there was any doubt that chief creditor Korea Development Bank (KDB) has taken over the negotiations between General Motors Corp. and bankrupt Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., it has now ended. A key source who attended the lackluster negotiating session in Hong Kong during the first week of June tells WAI that the “KDB is calling all of the shots” (see WAI — June '01, p.5). Daewoo negotiators were doing the talking with GM, but two KDB representatives were present at every session, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, Daewoo suspend offshore talks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.