WARREN, MI – During the next two years, General Motors Corp. will introduce the next-generation small-block V-8 for its iconic Chevy Corvette sports car and further expand its already extensive Ecotec global engine family. Plans also call for a new 3.9L V-6 engine, GM reveals here during a press briefing at its technical center. The first to enter production will be the Ecotec 2.4L and Gen IV Vortec 5.3L V-8 small-block engines in 2005. The Gen IV small-block V-8 engine will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Debut Three New Engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642