The '01 Aztek crossover sport/utility vehicle (SUV)/minivan will be the Pontiac Div.'s first-ever SUV when it goes on sale this summer. And although it's assumed an SUV should have 4-wheel drive capability, the Aztek will launch without the new Versatrak all-wheel drive system developed by General Motors Corp. in conjunction with Steyr-Daimler-Puch. The Versatrak system will be available in January '01, says a Pontiac spokesperson — about six months after the Aztek is launched in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM delays Aztek AWD to assure quality" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.