Pontiac's first ever sport/utility vehicle (SUV), the Aztek, won't have the benefit of 4-wheel-drive when it jumps into the fray this summer so engineers can have more time to assure the quality of the vehicle's new all-wheel-drive system. Instead, the '01 Aztek, a crossover SUV/minivan, will launch with just a front-drive version. All-wheel-drive is expected to be available in January 2001, a Pontiac spokesman says. Chuck Kingsley, Aztek chief engineer, says while General Motors Corp. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Delays Pontiac Aztek All-Wheel Drive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.