General Motors Corp. won’t launch a build-to-order (BTO) program at its Saturn unit this year as once hoped, a company executive tells Ward’s. "We’re in the midst of a couple important launches with Saturn and (at the Spring Hill, TN, assembly plant)," says e-GM President Mark Hogan. "So we made the decision not to further complicate it by putting a BTO pilot in. So we’re looking at other plants and products." After the initial success of a BTO program in Brazil with the Opel Celta, Mr. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Delays Saturn Build-To-Order" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.