PHILADELPHIA – A group of German designers at last month’s Detroit auto show were seen leaning over an ’08 Cadillac CTS to make detailed tracings of one of its exterior corners. Ed Welburn, GM vice president-global design, chuckles as he relates the incident but also suggests the world’s biggest car company is on its way to becoming the industry design icon. Presiding over a global network of 11 studios, Welburn says GM benefits by exposing its designers to the latest design trends ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Design Chief Seeks Inspiration From Fashion, Architecture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.