SAO PAULO – General Motors Corp. is bulking up in South America, where it is adding engineering staff and moving forward on plans to invest some $500 million in production of small cars and a tech center expansion. Earlier this week, the auto maker reported strong earnings in its Latin America, Africa and the Middle East, where Chief Financial Officer Fritz Henderson says “explosive growth” has led to favorable pricing and net income of $213 million in the second quarter, a sharp rise from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Details South America Investment Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.