BEIJING — General Motors Corp.'s two China operations are as dissimilar as the products they make. GM's first joint venture, with leading carmaker Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., makes large, luxury Buicks. GM's newest production JV — Jinbei General Motors Automotive Co. Ltd. — will make Chevrolet S-10 crew cab pickup trucks and Chevy Blazer sport/utility vehicles (SUVs). The Buicks primarily are used by well-to-do city folk, expatriates and business executives as chauffeur-driven ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM does it differently at Jinbei JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.