Hummer’s brand icon, the H1, will end with the ’06 model year, General Motors Corp. confirms. GM says it expects the last H1s to roll off the line at AM General Corp.’s Mishawaka, IN, No.1 plant next month. AM General will convert its assembly lines from the retail H1 to production of the Humvee models used by the U.S. military and already produced in the same plant. AM General will continue to produce the Hummer H2, which was designed by GM, at Mishawaka No.2. The smaller H3 is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Drop Hummer H1" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.