General Motors Corp. plans a “virtual marketplace” for all products, raw materials, parts and service over GM MarketSite, an e-commerce venture that will link all of the No.1 automaker's suppliers, dealers and other businesses. The e-commerce venture will eventually handle virtually all of the estimated $86 billion annually GM now spends with its suppliers. The site will launch in the first quarter of 2000 and is expected to help businesses increase efficiency and reduce operating costs by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM e-commerce to link all suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.