General Motors Co. is expected to confirm next week a major investment at a plant in Tonawanda, NY, to accommodate production of its next-generation Ecotec 2.0L engine. Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY) congratulates GM in a news release, saying the investment, worth “hundreds of millions” will “fund the next-generation, fuel efficient 4-cyl. Ecotec engine.” Tonawanda is the current production site of GM’s 2.0L Ecotec 4-cyl. engine, which powers several vehicles including the Chevrolet Cobalt ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Engine Production Strategy Unfolds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.