The four-year, entry-level vehicle market strategy outlined last week in Las Vegas by General Motors Corp. includes a new product for Pontiac and may spell the end of the current Sunfire brand. “The spot for an entry-level vehicle at Pontiac today is filled by Sunfire. Pontiac will have an entry-level vehicle,” explains Ronald L. Zarrella, GM North America president, neither confirming nor denying rumors Sunfire is out. But “don't assume that we're taking that entry (level product) away,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Entry Strategy May Spell End for Sunfire" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.