FRANKFURT – The year was 1997. The place was the international auto show in Detroit. To Martin Smith, the Mercury MC4 concept car was the standout car of the show. Mark Adams Smith, then working for Audi AG, sought out the car’s designers, Mark Adams and John Hartnell (who, sadly, died last year) to discuss the now nearly forgotten MC4. "It was way ahead of the others," Smith recalls, "In the wheel arches and side crease, it (was) like our mainstream models today. Adams' ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Europe Design Chief Bases New Hire on Past Concept" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.