General Motors Powertrain Europe's new vice president and general manager, David Piper, reportedly was hit and killed Sunday, July 31, while riding his bicycle in the hills above the GM unit's headquarters in Turin, Italy. Piper, 47, was found about 100 ft. (30.5 m) from where he was struck by a car at about 1 p.m. Sunday while riding his bicycle between Susa and Turin. Authorities were notified of the accident, but an emergency rescue helicopter was unable to reach Piper in time. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Exec Killed in Bicycle Accident" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.