CHICAGO – Chevrolet will take over where Pontiac leaves off when the storied brand closes shop sometime in 2010, Ed Peper, GM North America vice president-Chevrolet, says in an interview at the Midwest Automotive Media Assn. spring rally. "We'll take over in the low and middle end of the market and Chevrolet's range of offerings will be wider than they have ever been before," Peper noted, though quickly stopping short and insisting he has no plans to sell Pontiac vehicles rebadged as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Exec Predicts Pontiac Buyers Will Migrate to Chevy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.