MILFORD, MI – General Motors Corp. has plans to expand application of its passenger-side airbag seat-sensing system and use the technology for other purposes, company executives reveal here during a press briefing at the auto maker’s proving grounds. “We’re working on sensor fusion to see what else we can use it for. And we will find other uses,” says Bob Lange, GM executive director-safety. Possible applications include use in automatically moving the seat back during a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Expand Use of Airbag Sensing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.