General Motors Corp. is expanding its Brazilian design center staff by 60% to exploit the region’s expertise in developing small cars, says Ed Welburn Jr., vice president-global design. The auto maker’s Brazilian studio also will contribute to the development of a small truck product, Welburn says while briefing journalists on GM’s plans for next month’s Detroit auto show. In addition to introducing a Chevrolet concept vehicle GM officials would not reveal, the auto maker will reprise ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Expanding Brazil Design Center" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.