DETROIT – The Dec. 26 tsunami that killed an estimated 160,000 people and destroyed coastal roads and villages located along the Indian Ocean shoreline will negatively affect auto industry sales in General Motors Corp.’s Asia/Pacific region. “There will be an impact,” Troy Clarke, president-GM Asia/Pacific, tells Ward’s here at the 2005 North American International Auto Show. GM is donating Chevy Colorados to the tsunami recovery effort in Asia. “We have no way of accessing it. It ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Expects Tsunami to Affect Asian Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.