A plan to introduce the Chevrolet brand to South Korea is under study at General Motors Corp., which believes the resulting 4-brand thrust in the market could give it a better chance of competing against Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. and Kia Motors Corp. Together, Hyundai and Kia control nearly 75% of South Korea’s new-vehicle sales. Jim Raymond, executive director-sales, marketing and service for GM Asia Pacific, recently told reporters in Seoul that introducing the Chevrolet brand in Korea ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Eyes Chevrolet Brand for Korea" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.