CHICAGO – The latest run-up in gasoline prices has General Motors Corp. considering ratcheting up production of its fullsize Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon hybrid SUVs. “We may build more hybrid Tahoes and GMC Yukons than originally expected,” Chevrolet General Manager Ed Peper says at an unveiling here of a new high-mileage Malibu LTZ sedan. “I don’t know how many more,” Peper says of the hybrid SUVs. “This is what we’re investigating, what it will take to build more since there is a finite ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Eyes Increasing Output of Hybrid SUVs, Malibu" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.