DETROIT – General Motors Corp.’s No.1 Oshawa, Ont., Canada, and Pontiac, MI, (East) assembly plants may add third shifts if suppliers can support the increase. A third shift at Pontiac would be filled by workers from GM’s Orion, MI, plant where more than 1,200 employees are to be laid off April 15 due to low market demand for Oldsmobile Aurora, Pontiac Bonneville and Buick Park Avenue. Meanwhile, GM’s Hamtramck, MI, assembly plant will close April 15-19 for inventory control.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Eyes Third Shifts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.