Speculation in Seoul is the General Motors Corp.-Fiat Auto SpA alliance may scale back its interest in beleaguered Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. to a couple of car factories and its domestic distribution arm. Worse, as far as Daewoo's creditors are concerned, the estimated offering price in such a truncated transaction would be about $1 billion — a far cry from the reported $4.2 billion to $5 billion GM offered in its preliminary bid for all of Daewoo last June. There's also the possibility that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM-Fiat May Scale Back Bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.