SAGINAW, MI – Delphi Corp. says General Motors Corp. will be the first North American customer for its E-Steer electric power steering system. The world’s leading Tier 1 supplier already has produced about 2 million E-Steer units for Volkswagen AG’s Lupo and Fiat Auto SpA’s Punto models in Europe. Larry Tomczak, director of electrical steering systems for Delphi Saginaw Steering Systems, says the installation will be on a ’04 model platform. A Delphi insider says the contract likely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM First Delphi North American E-Steer Customer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.