General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. will idle plants beginning March 18 for inventory control. Among the GM facilities to be down all next week are Hamtramck and Orion Township, MI; and Oshawa, Ont., No.2, affecting nearly 9,000 workers. Ford will idle its Avon Lake, OH, Mercury Villager/Nissan Quest facility. Some 760 workers are affected. Meanwhile, New United Motor Mfg. Inc.’s Fremont, CA, assembly plant is scheduled for overtime Saturday, March 23, on its first shift car line ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, Ford Idle Plants; NUMMI on OT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.