General Motors Corp.‚Äôs top U.S. sales forecaster says July deliveries to date appear to be a repeat of June, when the industry‚Äôs seasonally adjusted annual rate fell to its lowest mark in nearly 15 years. He also warns auto makers likely will endure a softer market until they build enough small cars to meet the sudden shift in consumer demand away from fullsize gas-guzzlers. ‚ÄúIn July, we‚Äôre continuing to see a challenging market as we saw in June,‚ÄĚ says Mike DiGiovanni, GM executive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Foresees Repeat of ‚ÄėChallenging‚Äô June in Early July Sales Results" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.