General Motors Corp. was so committed to building its all-new 5L50-E 5-speed automatic transmission at its Strasbourg, France, powertrain plant that the auto maker redesigned a portion of the gearbox after the original configuration didn’t fit within the assembly line’s boundaries. The 5L50 will be the third transmission assembled at GM's Strasbourg, France, powertrain plant Strasbourg offers a tightly controlled manufacturing environment that helps reduce warranty costs – an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Gearbox Redesigned to Fit Strasbourg Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.