SANTA BARBARA, CA – Mexican auto sales will hit record levels in 2002 and General Motors Corp. will continue to gain market share there, a top executive tells Ward’s here at a product seminar for international media. Chevy Corsa “I think Mexico can probably break the 1 million mark. We’re looking at 1 million to 1.2 million,” predicts Arturo Elias, president-GM Mexico. “The auto sector there is holding up fairly well, despite the fact the economy is soft. (see related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Grabs Market Share in Record Mexican Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.