A decision by General Motors Co. to increase incentives and advertising in January played a significant role in gaining market share on December. U.S. auto makers delivered just over 817,000 cars and light trucks in January, up17.3% from year-ago. That’s a bigger bump than the industry has experienced in recent months, and almost all auto makers registered double-digit increases compared with like-2010. However, the year-over-year results held different meanings for individual companies. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Grabs Share in January, U.S. SAAR Tops 12 Million for Fourth Consecutive Month" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.