MUMBAI – General Motors India Ltd. plans to bring to market a third, still unnamed small car in 2008. The Chevy Aveo U-VA hatchback was launched in 2006 and the Spark minicar in 2007. The new car may be positioned between the two. Additionally, a 1.0L common-rail diesel engine, based on Fiat Automobiles SpA multiject technology, will be sourced from GM India’s new Talegaon plant near Pune in 2009 and may power the small cars at that time. For more than a decade, General Motors Corp.’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Grow Indian Market Share With Small Cars, More Plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.