In a move that could herald the arrival of the single-sourced full interior, General Motors Corp. will name five suppliers in early May as “lead interior integrators” to manage the sourcing of parts for the passenger compartment of every North American vehicle the company produces. GM invited 10 suppliers to prepare feasibility studies on ways to improve sourcing, quality and parts harmonizing and, on future programs, engineering and design. Five of the 10 submitted feasibility studies, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Hand Off Interiors Sourcing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.