Never mind the recent gasoline-price scare. General Motors Corp. says the segment of the passenger vehicle market comprised of heavy-duty pickups and their variants is ready to explode. GM plans to release this fall an all-new line of heavy-duty pickups — 3/4-ton and 1-ton models — based on the new GMT800 platform that spawned last year's new Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra light-duty pickups and this year's full-size sport/utility vehicle (SUV) variants of those trucks. Now the third ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM: Heavy Duty Pickup Buyers Hungry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.