CANBERRA – GM Holden Ltd. shocks the Australian auto industry by announcing plans to discontinue sales of the popular Monaro coupe in the domestic market, but most export sales are expected to continue. General Motors Corp. sold 79 Monaros (Pontiac GTOs) in December 2003, when the car first was launched in the U.S. market; 13,569 units in 2004 and 6,907 in the year's first six month, for a total of 20,555 units, according to Ward's data. Holden Monaro A spokesman says the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Holden to Halt Monaro Sales in Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.