NEW YORK – General Motors Corp. is out to redefine small cars with the ’03 Saturn Ion 5-passenger sedan and 4-passenger quad coupe, complete with segment firsts and an ability to customize that taps into the aftermarket-accessorizing crowd. The two Ion models unveiled here are all-new offspring from GM’s new Delta global small car architecture. They will be built, along with the Vue cross/utility vehicle, on a partial split-line at Saturn’s Spring Hill, TN, assembly plant. Ion is 6 ins. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Hoping Saturn Ion Redefines Small Car Segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.