General Motors Corp.’s Spring Hill, TN, factory halts production of the Saturn Ion the weeks of June 23 and July 14 due to slow sales. The inventory control-mandated shutdowns bookend GM’s traditional 2-week summer vacation the weeks of June 30 and July 7. Spring Hill will be building the ’04 Ion when production resumes July 21. The replacement for the S-Series, Ion debuted in late 2002 as an ’03 model. Sales have been slow since launch, and Spring Hill was closed for inventory control ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Idles Spring Hill Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.