WHITE PLAINS, NY – Engines employing homogeneous charge compression ignition may not yet be ready for prime time, but General Motors Corp. demonstrates during initial tests on public roads it’s making huge strides with its version of the futuristic technology. HCCI marries the best features of gasoline and diesel engines while providing up to 15% greater fuel economy than conventional spark-ignited powertrains, says Matthias Alt, manager of GM Powertrain’s HCCI program, noting GM’s test ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Improves Operating Range of HCCI Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.