General Motors Corp. in Thailand is revising its output target for the compact Zafira multi-purpose van's first full year of production. In order to accommodate strong demand, GM Chairman John F. Smith Jr. last week announced an increase — from 40,000 units to 60,000 for 2001. Mr. Smith made his comments at the $640 million plant's official inauguration on Aug. 2. The production increase will be accompanied by $14 million in incremental investment, as well as 200-300 additional jobs, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Increase Zafira Output in Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642