There is some life in Camaro after all. General Motors Corp.'s Chevrolet Div. plans to nearly double production of its Camaro SS performance and appearance package for the '00 model year, Chevrolet executives say. “It's basically been a constrained product. We did about 4,800 of them in '99. We plan to do about 9,000-9,500 in the 2000 model year,” says Scott Sattlemire, Camaro assistant brand manager-product. The SS package includes the 5.7L LS1 V-8 engine with increased horsepower ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Increases Camaro SS Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.