General Motors India Ltd. will invest $300 million to build a second car plant in Maharashtra to produce the Chevrolet Spark Sport Recreation Vehicle (SRV) by 2008. The new plant in Western India will have an initial production capacity of 140,000 units annually. Other models may be added at a later date, GMI Managing Director Rajeev Chaba says. The auto maker has said its existing facility in Halol lacks the capacity to handle the Spark. However, GMI is upping output at Halol from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM India to Build Second Plant for Chevy Spark" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642