NEW DELHI – General Motors India Ltd. plans to take over the defunct Daewoo Motors India Ltd.’s plant in Surajpur to expand production. The company made an announcement today (March 3) that its offer to buy the facility has been accepted by the main creditor banks of bankrupt Daewoo India. The plant, located on the outskirts of New Delhi, has an 85,000-unit capacity. GM did not reveal how much it is offering for the facility but says it will build a minicar for the Indian market. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM India to Buy Defunct Daewoo Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.