MUMBAI – General Motors India Pvt. Ltd. is refocusing on its domestic market with a new strategy and a wide range of Chevrolet models, from the entry-level 0.8L Spark to the Camaro sports car. The auto maker plans to triple sales and market penetration in the next three years by selling 300,000 vehicles in 2013, cornering a 10% share and turning a profit. Tim Lee, General Motors Co.’s president of international operations, visited India recently to launch the new 1.2L Smartec gasoline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM India Targeting Growth With Expanded Product Range, Fresh Investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.