PONTIAC, MI — Weary of rival Ford Motor Co. stealing the “green leader” limelight, General Motors Corp. wants to let the world know it is no slouch when it comes to addressing environmental issues. To that end, the world's biggest carmaker is launching a new Website — gmability.com — that touts what it is doing to improve vehicle fuel economy and emissions and trim plant waste. The Website also highlights GM's efforts to promote vehicle and workplace safety, improve job prospects for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM initiatives include CVT, cylinder deactivation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.