FLINT, MI – Lighting a fire under its engine-downsizing efforts, General Motors Corp. plans to invest some $370 million in a new North American engine plant that will manufacture advanced 4-cyl. mills for the upcoming ’11 Chevrolet Cruze compact and Volt extended-range electrical vehicle. Construction of the new 552,000-sq.-ft. (51,282-sq.-m) facility here will begin next month, the auto maker says, with start of production set for 2010. The brownfield factory will be located on GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Investing in Flint for Chevy Volt, Cruze 4-cyl. Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.