YPSILANTI, MI – General Motors Corp. confirms it will invest $170 million to boost capacity and add new tooling at its GM Powertrain Ypsilanti Transmission Operations (YTO) as the auto maker aims to quadruple output here by 2008. The investment includes $125 million for additional capacity to produce GM’s new Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic transmissions for use in rear- and all-wheel-drive GM cars, trucks and SUVs. Another $45 million will be invested in tooling and other equipment at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Invests $170 Million in Michigan Transmission Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.