General Motors Co.’s top manufacturing executive says the auto maker’s rapid downsizing is driving a raft of reassignments among its plant managers and reveals the company expects to post strong August sales results off the U.S. government’s “Cash for Clunkers” incentive program. Among the facilities slated for new leadership are assembly plants in Wentzville, MO; Bowling Green, KY; Arlington, TX; Fairfax, KS; Shreveport, LA; and Lansing and Delta Twp., MI. There’s also new management ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Juggling Plant Managers Amid Production Ramp Up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.