General Motors Corp. schedules full production for the second week of July at its Lansing, MI, assembly plants. Workers will receive only the first week of July off, not the second week as they are accustomed to, due to increasing demand for Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac Grand Am and Oldsmobile Alero models built there.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Lansing Workers Getting Shortened July Break" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.